Unique Benefits of Norman Prince's Program
- Would you rather surf the web or watch TV than read an article or book?
- Do you have trouble concentrating while reading?
- Do you find it difficult to understand what you read?
- Or is reading too time-consuming?
Significantly increase your reading rate with better comprehension in as few as 6-8 hours with my high-intensity program.
- At least double your reading rate with improved comprehension—nearly ¾’s of clients at least triple their rate
- Save time while reading
- Dramatically improve productivity
- Increase enjoyment of reading
- Read at the high rate at which your brain processes written information
- Reach your potential as a reader and learner
How fast will you be able to read?
Average students at least triple their rate with equal or better comprehension, with nearly half more than quadrupling. The more you practice speed-reading, the more natural it gets. Several clients have reached rates above 1000 words per minute while maintaining or improving comprehension.
How quickly will your rate increase?
You should see major progress by the end of the second session.
|Student Name||Starting Rate||Final Rate|
NOTE: rates shown are Effective Rates (ER) = reading speed in Words Per Minute (WPM) times percent comprehension—e.g. 250 WPM x 80% = 200 WPM effective rate
Get in touch!
Please contact me to schedule a FREE 30-minute consultation to:
- Get answers to your questions
- Learn about my programs
- Discover how we will work together to accomplish your goals
I tailor my cost-effective programs to meet your needs, ensuring that you will be fully prepared. Using my proven methods and materials, I will customize your program and guide you through every step to meet your goals.
Get better rate and comprehension in less time than other programs by following my time-tested, 7-step technique:
- Assess your strengths and weaknesses
- Establish starting rates and comprehension
- Design a program to maximize your improvement in a shorter time frame
- Set improvement goals
- Improve your rate, comprehension, and reading skills with the best materials, exercises, and tests
- Carry out the program
- Use the extra books and tests to consolidate your gains
Program options include:
- Combine speed-reading with standardized test prep
- Combine speed-reading with study and note-taking skills
- Apply speed-reading, and study and learning skills to your academic, professional, or personal reading materials
Detailed progress summaries will be sent to all parents and counselors of students.
My Exclusive Guide
Over three decades as an educator, I’ve written comprehensive guides that produce optimal results in my intensive and comprehensive programs. These guides are only available to my students. I continually update them based on the latest client feedback, research, and professional reading.
My guide helps you learn to:
- Save time otherwise spent taking notes
- Increase your rate by dramatically reducing word-by-word reading and subvocalizing —”hearing” words in your head
- Pre-read materials and activate your background knowledge to get an overview before reading
- Adjust your rate based on the difficulty of, your familiarity with, and your responsibility for, the material
- Improve comprehension, concentration, and retention by relating reading to your needs and interests
- Continue improvement after the program ends
I’m unique in reading, test prep, and learning skills because of my extremely diverse experience, including:
- More than 10,000 hours of tutoring
- 20 years as an assistant professor of English at Skyline College
- Designing and writing exclusive guides for programs on speed-reading, standardized test prep, study and learning skills, and grammar
- Tutoring many adults, professionals, and graduate students
- Delivering speed-reading and comprehension improvement, standardized test prep, study and note-taking, and grammar workshops for:
- USC School of Education
- Gonzaga University Graduate School of Business
- Stanford University
Tutoring is personalized to maximize rate and comprehension improvement.
Please contact me to schedule tutoring or with questions.
Noe Valley, San Francisco
Online tutoring via Zoom.
Contact me for details at (415) 821-6595.
How long is the program?
Speed-Reading clients spend 6 to 8 hours, usually over 3-4 weeks. Sessions are 2 hours long—other session-lengths and time frames are possible. For maximum benefit, do at least 6 hours of outside work, so you can learn to apply your new skills to your materials. Ongoing application is essential to consolidate your skills.
I also offer programs on standardized test prep (ACT, SAT, and others), study and note-taking skills, grammar, writing, and/or vocabulary, some of which can be combined with speed-reading.
Ongoing assistance is available as needed, applying reading, study and note-taking skills, writing, and grammar to your materials and assignments.
Hourly and Program Rates
Please contact me for details including pricing and rate reductions for individuals.
Payment can be made by PayPal, check, money order, or cash.
More on Policies.
Check out Testimonials.