Unique Benefits of Norman Prince's Programs
- Are you a student, businessperson, professional, or non-native speaker committed to improving your grammar, writing, and/or vocabulary skills?
- Do you want to increase the clarity of your communication?
Improve your grammar, writing, and vocabulary skills, whether you are a student, professional, or non-native speaker.
Clear, correct writing is crucial for communicating effectively. Significantly enhance your grammar, writing, and vocabulary skills in as few as 6-8 hours with my high-intensity programs.
- Apply your new skills to your course-or work-related assignments to become a dramatically better communicator
- Compose your best reports, papers, email, speeches, and presentations
What skills will you gain?
In my Grammar and Vocabulary programs, you will learn correct grammar and effective vocabulary usage. In my ongoing Writing programs, you will become substantially better at organizing, writing, and editing.
How soon will you see results?
You will improve continuously over the course of the programs. Progress will be apparent by the end of the second session.
Get in touch!
Please contact me to schedule a FREE 30-minute consultation to:
- Get answers to your questions
- Learn about my programs
- Discover how we will work together to accomplish your goals
I tailor my cost-effective programs to meet your needs, ensuring that you will get maximum benefit. Using my proven methods and materials, I will customize your program and guide you through every step to meet your goals.
Get better grammar and vocabulary in less time than in other programs by following my time-tested, 4-part method:
- Analysis of your strengths and weaknesses
- Materials designed to optimize your improvement
- Supplementary books, exercises, and tests to consolidate your new grammar, writing, and vocabulary skills
- Grammar Brush-Up— learn to write correct, effective sentences, paragraphs, and documents
- Short- and Long-Term Vocabulary Improvement—enhance your ability to understand and communicate
Program options include:
- Applying writing skills to your academic or professional work
- Improving performance on multiple-choice standardized tests of reading & writing (e.g. entrance exams)
Detailed progress summaries for all sessions are sent to parents and counselors of students.
My Exclusive Guides
Over three decades as an educator, I’ve written comprehensive guides that produce optimal results in my intensive programs. I continually update them based on the latest client feedback, research, and professional reading.
My grammar guide features comprehensive strategies so you will learn how to:
- Write grammatically correct sentences
- Avoid and correct fragments and run-ons
- Logically connect sentences and ideas
- Use transitions to show organization and development
- Correctly utilize the eight parts of speech
My vocabulary guide will make you a more effective reader, writer,writer, and speaker, and will help you learn how to:
- Apply the most common prefixes and roots to understand thousands of common words
- Use the most important context clues
- Utilize strategies for ongoing vocabulary improvement
- Recognize myths about vocabulary improvement
I’m unique in grammar, vocabulary, reading, test prep, and study and learning skills because of my extremely diverse experience, including:
- More than 10,000 hours of tutoring
- 20 years as an assistant professor of English at Skyline College
- Designing and writing exclusive guides for programs on grammar, vocabulary, speed-reading, standardized test prep, and study and learning skills
- Tutoring many adults, including businesspeople and professionals
- Delivering grammar, vocabulary, speed-reading and comprehension improvement, standardized test prep, and study and note-taking workshops for:
- USC School of Education
- Gonzaga University Graduate School of Business
- Stanford University
Noe Valley, San Francisco
Online tutoring via Zoom.
Contact me for details at (415) 821-6595.
I create customized programs to improve your grammar, writing, and vocabulary skills.
Please contact me to schedule tutoring or with questions.
What is the time frame for tutoring?
Grammar, Writing, and Vocabulary clients spend 6-8 hours, usually over 3-4 weeks. Sessions are 2 hours long—other session-lengths and time frames are possible. For maximum benefit, do at least 6 hours of outside work, including applying your new knowledge to your reading, writing, and speaking.Ongoing application is essential to consolidate your skills.
I also offer programs on standardized test prep (ACT, SAT, and others), speed reading, and study and note-taking skills, some of which can be combined with grammar, writing, and/or vocabulary.
I work with writing clients on an ongoing, as-needed basis, for major projects including:
- Help with organizing papers and reports, developing your point of view and thesis, and supporting it with relevant evidence
- Assisstance with proof-reading, revising, and editing
Hourly and Program Rates
Please contact me for details including pricing and rate reductions for individuals.
Payment can be made by PayPal, check, money order, or cash.
More on Policies.
Check out Testimonials.